• chassis of base tracked vehicles MT-LB;
• power supply systems;
• electric guidance drives;
• 9V385 (M) launch equipment;
• optical sight 9SH127 (M).
New units installation:
• optoelectronic station Strizh-M3;
• automated workplaces of commander and operator;
• onboard positioning and navigation complex;
• day and night sight of PKMB machine gun;
• optoelectronic system for mechanic Puma Driver Sofia;
• air conditioning.
• round-the-clock passive visual reconnaissance of targets at ranges of up to 25 km using modern 2-channel (television and thermal) optoelectronic station;
• automatic passive detection of objects in line of sight of Optoelectronic station Strizh-M3, as well as automatic passive angular and range tracking of target selected by operator for firing;
• automatic passive motion characterization of target, calculation of launching zone of the combat vehicle for target hit;
• automatic calculation of target position relative to the combat vehicle launch zone, “ZONE” signal formation in the operator’s field of view, signaling that the target is within the launch zone;
• automation of multiple launching mode with a similar type of combat vehicle at an important goal;
• automatic real-time positioning and display of the combat vehicle current location on electronic map at the commander workplace;
• automatic documentation of results of the combat vehicle work;
• computation of tasks of combat, technical and logistic support on the commander automated workplace
9A34 (9A35) AIR-DEFENSE MISSILE SYSTEM 9K35
"STRELA-10" MODERNIZATION AND OVERHAUL
The modernization of air-defense missile system 9K35 Strela-10 (ADMS) provides expanding the capabilities of combat use and increasing the survivability of the air defense missile system.
To this end, the system is equipped with modern reconnaissance means – day and night passive optical-electronic station “Strizh-M2”, which is capable of detecting and tracking targets from a distance of 20 km, automatically calculating the target’s position relative to the launch zone of the air defense missile system and warning the combat vehicle about target engagement zone.
In addition, a forced turn of the launcher is ensured to the point where the target appears to be able to execute firing on a follow-up course.
The combat vehicle is adapted for combating small-sized air targets, including unmanned aerial vehicles and for firing, among other things, modernized air-to-air guided missiles (with three versions of the homing heads: infrared, thermal imaging and laser) R-60BM, which are able to hit targets of 30x30 cm size.
STRIZH-M3: The optoelectronic station is a multispectral system that ensures reconnaissance of airspace round the clock, as well as automatic detection and tracking of targets with their exact positioning and target lead calculation.
NAVIGATION BLOCK: The navigation block is an onboard complex of orientation and navigation devices designed to determine the exact stationary point coordinates, yaw and roll angles. The complex provides recalculation of target designation coordinates relative to the combat vehicle.
PUMA DRIVER SOFIA: The optoelectronic system of the driver is a multispectral television and thermal imaging system with a field of view of more than 120°. It provides the ability to control the movement “in combat mode” round the clock without use of lighting.
ARM-K: The automated workplace of the combat vehicle commander is designed to display video information received by optoelectronic station, determine the type of target and select the target operation mode. It allows to get target designation from the superior command post with its transfer to the gunner workplace in automated mode.
ARM-O: The automated (remote) operator’s workplace is intended for remote search, lock and tracking of air target, preparation, targeting and launching of an anti-aircraft guided missile at a target. The automated workplace allows to control the combat vehicle at a distance of up to 100 m.
DDN-120-6X-D/N: The sight is designed to detect targets on the battlefield in the “day” mode at distances up to 1300m and in the “night” mode at distances up to 500 m. The sight can also be used for observation and orien-tation. Built-in optical compensator eliminates the need for optics alignment when switching day-night modes.
Combat mode: Round the clock
Method of target detection: Passive mode using optoelectronic station
Location evaluation of intended target with regard to the launch area: Passive mode using optoelectronic station
Positioning and orientation of combat vehicle: L1, L2, GPS, GLONASS
Target designation receiving: Automatic
Type of missile used: 9М31М1, 9М37, 9М37М, 9М333, R-60BM
Commander automated workplace
Onboard navigation complex
DDN Day/Night Sight
ON–BOARD NAVIGATION SYSTEM “STRELA–1”
The system is intended for determining coordinates, defining the speed, heading and spatial orientation of combat vehicles (hereinafter “the CVs”), as well as for time synchronization of on-board equipment, displaying the data on the tablet screen and data outputting to the user and superior commander.
Besides, the system enables the navigation of the CV during marching, geolocation and positioning of the CV.
On-board Navigation System “Strela-1” has the functions as below:
• Defining CV navigational parameters – latitude, longitude, altitude;
• Defining current parameters of CV angular orientation – heading, roll, pitch;
• Defining CV movement parameters – travelled distance and speed;
• CV geolocation and positioning when GLONASS/GPS signals are jammed or missing;
• Synchronization of on-board equipment (generation of timing marks with reference to UTC (RUS);
• Indication of the CV position on the digital map;
• Defining and indicating of the marching parameters:
• distance to the starting position;
• heading to the starting position and deviation from the assigned heading;
• estimated time of driving;
• estimated fuel consumption.
• Recording the results of operation;
• Running automatic in-built serviceability test and outputting the results on displays.
On-board Navigation System “Strela-1” consists of:
Accuracy of on-board Navigation System “Strela-1”: